What if Rahu is in 9th house for a Libra Ascendant? (Vedic Astrology)
Home : Vedic Astrology: Rahu in 9th house for all ascendants: You are here
1) Many good authors like Richard Susskind, Nicholas J Mcbride, Margret Atwood, Arun Shourie, Ashok Ganguly, etc. have written books on law and such people often have this kind of placement of Rahu in the 9th house in the sign of Gemini as 9th house is the house of law and religion and Gemini represents writing. You will find the Mercury of such people in the 9th house itself (along with Rahu) and Jupiter in the 3rd house in the sign of Sagittarius.
Also, people write a lot about religion and law even on their websites or for some publications (such as hindustantimes.com) and their whole life is gone doing that and this is what Rahu does in the 9th house. Rahu shows what is the mission of your life and so looking at the location of Rahu in the birth chart is most important. You will be obsessed about things of that house only where Rahu is posited and so most of your life is gone in doing activities of that particular house only.
2) Again considering Rahu in the 9th house If the 9th lord Mercury and Sun are placed in the 8th house then such people may write a lot about love and romance. All the romance, love, marriage, sex and relationships kind of books and content you see over the internet are the result of this placement. There were many romantic novels written throughout history and you can also find them online for purchase. Important thing to note here is that 9th house is the house of publishing and so whenever you write a book or write for your website or for some publication then the process of writing is 3rd house but when the information is published whether in a book or some website where people can read then it is the 9th house.
3) Also, 8th house is of sudden ups and downs and the sign of Taurus, which is falling on the 8th house, represents currency and so people who write or communicate about currency trading can also be seen from this placement of Rahu in 9th house and 9th lord, Mercury, in the 8th house along with Sun but Venus (ascendant lord) must also be posited in the 9th house along with Rahu. You can see the content written on dailyfx.com and its all about currency trading and commodity trading. In general, people who write or communicate about finances or investing are usually seen from this placement.
4) But there are also people who cut hairs of other people (barber) and they own a salon or work under the owner of a salon and there are also people like beauticians, hairdressers, and couturiers who do the same thing of somehow transforming the look of a person. Such people's Saturn is placed in the 9th house along with Rahu in the sign of Gemini and their Mercury is placed in the 8th house along with Sun. Mars is often found in the 2nd house itself in its own sign. 8th house is actually also the house of transformation and hairdressers and beauticians transform us in our appearance and that is the reason such placement is possible for such people.
5) You might have also seen the police officers roaming on the streets and also the traffic police who catch hold of you if you are not following the traffic rules or doing something wrong which is against the rules and regulations of the government department. Such police officers are also seen with this placement of Rahu in the 9th house in the sign of Gemini and Mercury being placed in the 7th house in the sign of Aries.
Aries is a very aggressive sign and your voice or communication becomes very aggressive and even threatening if Saturn is also placed along with Mercury in the sign of Aries. Police officers' voice is if often found of this kind and so the profession of police is possible with this placement. Also, sports referee, sports coaches, and fitness trainers & coaches may have this placement. But a lawyer could also have this placement as a lawyer has to speak with aggression also and balance the two sides which the 7th house represents. WWF wrestling referees are also seen as they also try to balance the two sides which the 7th house represents.
Since Mercury also represents the skills of hands you could also be in some work where you could have to push or pull something aggressively from your hands with Mercury in Aries in the 7th house.
6) If Rahu is placed in the 9th house and its lord, Mercury, is placed in the 6th house in the sign of Pisces then here the Mercury is debilitated and so it will be difficult for the native to speak or communicate with authority or he/she may not be able to do arguments. It will be difficult for this native to win in arguments. Such people are mostly involved in professions where they have to speak from behind the scenes such as through phone, chat, email, speaking from behind the scenes in videos and documentary films, etc. as Pisces is a sign of "behind the scenes". Such people usually work in the call centers or as a telecom operator. Also, receptionists have this kind of placement as they work from behind the scenes.
7) There are also people who are public speakers such as spiritual saints who talk about God and spirituality in the public and some of them also have the healing powers. Such people may also have their Rahu in the 9th house in the sign of Gemini and lord of the 9th house, Mercury, placed in the 5th house in the sign of Aquarius. These are also teachers and professors and also people like Sandeep Maheshwari who communicate with the young generation and try to resolve their personal problems by motivating them.
But these could also be the actors who communicate on the stage to entertain the public. Aquarius is actually a sign representing the public or masses and so Mercury in this sign communicate with the masses. Here the native may speak or communicate with a large audience. Also, there are people who are giving product reviews or other information through youtube videos and websites and such people may have this same placement. People who handle inquiries on a website may also have this placement.
8) There are also people who do service or repairing of vehicles (mechanics) and also there are people who do servicing and repairing of different kinds of motor parts, different kinds of manufacturing machines made of iron and steel etc and such Libra people may have their Mercury, lord of 9th house, in the 4th house in the sign of Capricorn with Rahu in the 9th house in the sign of Gemini. Also, such people speak with authority as Capricorn is an authoritative sign and Mercury is speaking. But these people may not be good at calculations and counting.
But Capricorn is also a sign of the government and Mercury is writing and speaking so this native could also be obsessed about writing and speaking about the government. Teachers who teach political science, history and about the government can also be seen from this placement. In sports like cricket, tennis, badminton, volleyball, etc skills of hands (Mercury) are required and sports equipment (with which we play) are like weapons represented by the sign of Capricorn and so people involved in such sports may also have this placement.
9) There are also people who are working in the customer care of various businesses and also departmental stores and even online stores. Such people may also have their Rahu placed in the sign of Gemini in the 9th house and the lord of 9th house, Mercury, placed in the 3rd house in the sign of Sagittarius.
10) There are also people who provide communication services such as internet services, call center services, SMS services, data transfer, data storage, and data entry services, toll-free number providers, cable TV services, VoIP services, etc. Such people may also have their Rahu in the sign of Gemini in the 9th house with Mercury being placed in the 2nd house in the sign of Scorpio.
But there are also people who work in laboratories and also involved in computer hardware and software engineering, web programming, app development, etc and such people may also have this same placement. But there are also people who work in manufacturing companies to transform the raw material into the finished products and such people may also have this placement. But people who also write about web design, web programming, telecommunication services on their website may also have this placement.
11) If Rahu is placed in the sign of Gemini in the 9th house and if the lord of 9th house, Mercury, is placed in the 1st house in the sign of Libra then such placement is often found in people who are trying to bring peace and harmony between two business parties or two countries (world peace) or two competitors in sports or bringing peace and harmony through their speech in the environment where people are protesting, etc.
Political leaders or social workers who are all the time talking with the poor people to help them with proper water, electricity, etc and eliminate their poverty are also seen from this placement. But these could also be good artists if Sun, Mercury, and Venus all three are placed in the 1st house in the sign of Libra.
12) There are also people who are running websites and doing content or articles related to property buying, selling or rental, and also websites providing information or product reviews on different home-related products such clothing, food, home appliances, home remodeling, home furniture, beds, curtains, garden and fertilizers, home remedies for health and healing, hardware, kitchen utensils, etc and such people may also have their Rahu in the sign of Gemini in the 9th house and 9th house lord, Mercury, being placed in the 10th house in the sign of Cancer. They may also be the manufacturer of such home-based products as 10th house is the house of manufacturing. They may also be into marketing and advertising of such products.
13) You see there are also people who are into the financial world and manages the money of people by investing it into stock markets and getting returns for their clients. Such people may also have their Rahu in the sign of Gemini in the 9th house and 9th house lord, Mercury, being placed in the 11th house in the sign of Leo. Leo represents wealth and so people involved in wealth management are basically seen from this placement. Also, here the Mercury can make the native very creative as Leo is also a sign of creativity.
If Venus, Mercury, and Sun all three are placed in the 11th house in the sign of Leo it could also produce an actor or actress. People who are running websites or youtube channels related to Bollywood or Hollywood or ancient texts (such as astrology, numerology, Mahabharata, Ramayana, etc) may also have this placement.
You may also be interested in
Written by: Rajesh Bihani who is the webmaster of this website. Know more about Rajesh Bihani)