What if Rahu is in 5th house for a Taurus Ascendant? (Vedic Astrology)
Home : Vedic Astrology: Rahu in 5th house: You are here
1) If Rahu is placed in the 5th house in the sign of Virgo but if the lord of the 5th house, Mercury, is placed in the sign of Leo in the 4th house then here Rahu can make the native obsessed about (as Rahu is our obsession) giving speeches or lectures on ancient texts such as Ramayana, Mahabharata, Bhagvat Gita, Astrology, Bible, Quran, occult science, etc. as the sign of Leo represents God and all these ancient texts talk about knowing the God or attaining your self-realization (Moksha).
Many priests and spiritual saints have this kind of placement. Also, 4th house represents nurturing (as it is ruled by Moon in the default zodiac) and here there is a nurturing of > giving the knowledge of the ancient texts. Since Mercury also represents our writing skills you may even write about ancient texts. But Leo is also a sign of fun and entertainment and so Mercury can also make the native do fun with his talk such as stand up comedians. You can see a lot of stand up comedians and Mimicry artists on youtube and on television channels > such people usually have this kind of placement. Bhavani Shankar is a good example of that.
But Leo is also a very creative sign and if Moon and Mercury both are placed in this 4th house with Rahu still in the 5th house then the native could do a lot of video or film editing work, flash animation, cartoon characters playing, video games development, etc. The native could even be a film director or someone from the film or theatre industry. In general, a performance artist can be seen from this placement. Since the sign of Leo also represents the politics the native may also be obsessed about political discussions. But you could also be a teacher with this placement who mainly entertain the kids with fun activities.
2) If Rahu is placed in the 5th house in the sign of Virgo but if the lord of the 5th house, Mercury, is placed in the sign of Cancer in the 3rd house then this placement is often found in people who are in the customer care of different businesses or maybe the business owner himself who may be dealing (communicating) with his customers all the time. This is because 3rd house is 11th from the 5th house and anything 11th represents the public or masses or the customers and even the internet. People who are in the customer care of fun & entertainment or hotels & restaurants related businesses usually have this kind of placement. It could also be an online business.
For example, people who are selling tickets of a cinema hall or selling coupons and tickets for the fun and amusement parks, etc usually have this kind of placement. But people who are in the customer care of food businesses, luxury items businesses, vehicle showrooms, medical store, etc may also have this placement as 3rd house is the house of advertising and marketing and by being in the customer care you do nothing but advertising your products or services only and cancer is a sign of conveniences of life such as food, home appliances, home furniture, vehicles, real estate, etc and so you could be advertising these things to the customers (whether online or offline).
But this placement could also make you an artist if Venus and Sun are also placed in the 3rd house along with Mercury. With this placement, you will find many natives serving over the internet as 3rd house is the house of media.
3) If Rahu is placed in the 5th house in the sign of Virgo but if the lord of the 5th house, Mercury, is placed in the sign of Gemini in the 2nd house then this is often the placement where the native may do a lot of advertising and marketing of their family business products or services as 2nd house is the house of family assets or family business. Businessmen are usually seen from this placement as now you are advertising your own products.
This is also the placement where you could also be a manufacturer as 2nd house is 10th from the 5th house which means your communication could be related to manufacturing as anything 10th is manufacturing. Also, anything 10th is karma (work) or authority and so with this placement you may have the authority in communication or writing and you may do the karma of, say, writing movie scripts, writing poems or songs, arts, designing, drawing, painting, crafts, embroidery, pottery, printing, labeling, etc as the 2nd house is ruled by Venus in the default zodiac and Venus represents creativity. Actors, actresses, musicians, etc are also seen from this placement.
4) If Rahu is placed in the 5th house in the sign of Virgo but if the lord of the 5th house, Mercury, is placed in the sign of Taurus in the 1st house then such placement is found in natives who are into web designing, web programming, software development, app development and also computer network engineering. This is because the sign of Taurus represents the websites, apps and the software and you have to do a lot of coding through the use of programming languages to create a website or an app or a software and programming languages are represented by Mercury as Mercury represents all languages whether verbal or written.
But the sign of Taurus also represents the finances as it originally rules the 2nd house of wealth and so this placement of Rahu in the 5th house and Mercury in the 1st house can also make the native an accountant especially if Venus is also seated along with Mercury in the 1st house. This is because Mercury is our ability to calculate and analyze things in detail which is what needed in accounting and in accounts > finances are involved and that is represented by the sign of Taurus.
But people who are into jewelry designing, fashion designing, hairdressing, beauty, vehicle model designing, toys designing, etc can also be seen from this placement. You could be in designing in any industry with this placement as here 2nd house lord is also seated in the 1st house as Mercury also rules the 2nd house. People who are in customer care in information technology may also have this placement. But there are also people who teach singing, dancing, music, arts and crafts, designing, etc and such teachers are also seen from this placement.
5) If Rahu is placed in the 5th house in the sign of Virgo but if the lord of the 5th house, Mercury, is placed in the sign of Aries in the 12th house then this is often the placement for people in boxing because Aries is a sign of aggression and Mercury represents skills of hands which means aggression through hands and so boxing is possible. Also, people who are involved in games like basketball, cricket, tennis, badminton, discus throw, etc may also have this placement as all these sports require aggressive skills of hands.
Any sports (athletics is also sports) where you use the skills of hands in an aggressive manner can be seen with this placement. Also, kids who are playing fighting and war types of video games may also have this placement. Also, bus conductors who are very aggressive in their speech while calling the people who want to travel are also seen from this placement.
People who are into the type of work where there is required a lot of pushing or pulling from hands may also have this placement. Construction workers are often seen from this placement as they are using a lot of energy while working through their hands. Vehicle drivers may also be seen from this placement as their hands are always on the steering wheel and they put a lot of their energy in working with the steering wheel.
6) If Rahu is placed in the 5th house in the sign of Virgo but if the lord of the 5th house, Mercury, is placed in the sign of Pisces in the 11th house then this is often the placement for people who are working in call centers and those who are telecom operators as these kinds of people communicate from behind the scenes which is what Mercury does in the sign of Pisces as the sign of Pisces represents distant places and so it becomes communication (Mercury) and networking (11th house) at distant locations.
There are also people who speak from behind the scenes in cartoon films and also documentary films and even in youtube videos. Such people may also have this placement. Also, people who talk about long-distance travel such as the railway and flight announcers and bus conductors are also seen from this placement as Pisces is also a sign of long-distance journey. People who are involved in underwater acoustic communication may also have this placement.
Whatever you communicate if it reaches even to someone who is not even visible to your naked eye then this is a way to reach your voice at a distant location and people involved in such acoustic communication have this placement. All the chatting and communication you do over the internet is nothing but acoustic communication. Sports commentators may also have this placement of > Rahu in 5th house and Mercury in 11th house in Pisces as their voice reaches all over the world through acoustic communication when they give a commentary of sports.
7) If Rahu is placed in the 5th house in the sign of Virgo but if the lord of the 5th house, Mercury, is placed in the sign of Aquarius in the 10th house then this type of Mercury is often found in people who are involved in the world of information technology such as machine-to-machine learning, artificial intelligence, IoT (internet of things), VPN, Wi-Fi, Servers, desktop sharing, intranet, phone-line networking, routers, ethernet, remote file access, cloud computing, web programming, data storage, web hosting, etc which are all part of computer networking.
People who write on all these things can also be seen from this placement as Mercury is also writing. Also, people who are involved in digitizing the manufacturing operations are also seen from this placement. Many Cisco engineers have this kind of placement. However, musical instruments players are also seen from this placement especially if Mercury is placed in the Dhanistha Nakshatra in the 10th house in the sign of Aquarius.
8) If Rahu is placed in the 5th house in the sign of Virgo but if the lord of the 5th house, Mercury, is placed in the sign of Capricorn in the 9th house then such people may give speeches or write a lot about politics and the government as Capricorn is the sign of government and higher authorities. A political science teacher and a lawyer may also be seen from this placement along with political leaders and journalists.
Since, Saturn rules the sign of Capricorn and Saturn represents iron, steel, coal, oil, petroleum, etc it is also possible that the native could be involved in the speculative business or trading of all these things. In other words, the native could be a commodity trader or an advisor. Also, people who are working in iron, steel, oil, and coal industries may also have this placement. People who are doing the business of sharp objects such as knives and swords and also cooking utensils can also be seen from this placement.
9) If Rahu is placed in the 5th house in the sign of Virgo but if the lord of the 5th house, Mercury, is placed in the sign of Sagittarius in the 8th house then this placement is often found in people who are concerned with the religious activities or rituals that are required in the funeral or cremation of someone's death. So priests and people working in mortuaries (samshan) are seen from this placement as 8th house is the house of death and re-birth. People who are concerned with kundalini awakening and chakra healing may also be seen from this placement as 8th house represents the Muladhara Chakra.
An insurance agent can also be seen from this placement as he is concerned about the money after death or due to sudden events which are represented by the 8th house. Also, people who are involved in the exploring of hidden secrets such as mummies, ancient hidden monuments, haunted houses, caves, ghosts, paranormal investigation, tantra, occult science, magic, demonic possession, witches, psychic & spiritual healing, prophecy, clairvoyance, alchemy, pseudoscience, etc can also be seen from this placement.
10) If Rahu is placed in the 5th house in the sign of Virgo but if the lord of the 5th house, Mercury, is placed in the sign of Scorpio in the 7th house then such people often write about hidden and secret relationships in love and romance. They may be a novelist. They also use their intellect to spy on someone or something such as their spouse or their business partner or to resolve some case which is still a mystery.
With this placement, they may also do a lot of research in gambling or stock market trading or sports betting and they may even be involved in these. A surgical doctor (such as a gynecologist) may also be seen from this placement especially if 6th lord, Venus, is placed in the 8th house along with Mars and 8th lord Jupiter is placed in the 7th house along with Mercury and Saturn in the sign of Scorpio. This placement, however, can also make the native a musician who can play musical instruments such as a drum or tabla or harmonium, etc. as 7th house is the house of creativity also.
11) If Rahu is placed in the 5th house in the sign of Virgo but if the lord of the 5th house, Mercury, is placed in the sign of Libra in the 6th house then here this placement can give a lot of gains in life. I have already written about it in the article > when can Rahu give a lot of wealth.
You may also be interested in
Written by: Rajesh Bihani who is the webmaster of this website. Know more about Rajesh Bihani)