What if Rahu is in 5th house for an Aquarius Ascendant? (Vedic Astrology)
Home : Vedic Astrology: Rahu in 5th house: You are here
1) If Rahu is placed in the 5th house in the sign of Gemini but if the lord of 5th house, Mercury, is placed in the 4th house in the sign of Taurus then Rahu here can get the native obsessed about (as Rahu is our obsession in life) singing, arts, crafts, painting, embroidery, designing, modeling, beauty, mimicry, entertainers such as comedians, poem writers, story writers, songwriters, scriptwriters, drama, visual arts, performing arts such as acting, architecture, photography, sculpting, dance, music, theatre, cinematography, drawing, jokes writers, etc. This placement can really make the native very creative.
But this placement could also be for someone who is into the marketing and advertising of beauty products, cosmetics, toys, clothing, food, luxury items such as fashion accessories, decoration products, leather products, etc and everything that Venus represents as Venus rules the sign of Taurus and Mercury is posited in the sign of Taurus.
2) If Rahu is placed in the 5th house in the sign of Gemini but if the lord of 5th house, Mercury, is placed in the 3rd house in the sign of Aries then this placement is often found in Aquarius ascendant people who are motivational speakers. They are the ones who want to revolutionize the world through their speech. These are often the political leaders, social activists or social workers, and humanitarians.
A good example could be Vivek Bindra who has millions of subscribers on youtube and he is a business coach and a motivational speaker. In other words, these are the people who represent the public at large (masses) and try to win their heart to win the election or win business from them. Mercury in Aries makes an aggressive and motivating speaker (as Aries is an aggressive sign) and 3rd house is 11th from the 5th house which means > communicating with the masses > as anything 11th is the public or masses or networking and 3rd house is of communication.
Such motivational speakers may speak about a lot of things such as increasing sales of business, providing product training, overcoming addiction, dealing with diversity, adjusting to life, preparing for retirement or financial advise, personal development like overcoming fear, youth mentor, marketers, and advertisers, etc. There are also people like a spokesperson, news anchors and college professors who may also have this placement of Rahu and Mercury.
Since Mercury and 3rd house also represents skills of hands this placement is also meant for people who use their skills of hands in doing some physical work especially if Saturn is also placed in the 3rd house along with Mercury (debilitated Saturn). Such people are usually laborers who work on the construction sites, mechanics, vehicle drivers, race car drivers, and also someone like a blacksmith. Also, sports, where aggressive skills of hands are required such as cricket, golf, tennis, etc, can also be seen from this placement. Sports coaches and sports commentators may also be seen from this placement.
3) If Rahu is placed in the 5th house in the sign of Gemini but if the lord of 5th house, Mercury, is placed in the 2nd house in the sign of Pisces then these Aquarius Ascendant people are obsessed about doing business related to the products or goods represented by the 2nd house such as food, clothing, fashion accessories, etc. To know the complete list of products represented by the 2nd house read the article > what 2nd house or Venus represents.
Since the sign of Pisces rules the 2nd house for an Aquarius Ascendant they usually communicate and market their products to foreign countries (or in different cities in the same country) as Pisces is a sign that represents distant places or foreign places or far off and isolated places. Such people communicate a lot on phone or via chat to their customers as Rahu is falling on the sign of Gemini (of communication) and Rahu is obsession.
If they are not a businessman then they could be someone who speaks from behind the scenes such as speaking from behind the scenes in youtube videos or kids cartoon films or even documentary films as the sign of Pisces also represents > behind the scenes. But if they are obsessed about gambling in the stock market or speculative business, in general, with this placement then they may lose money as Mercury here is debilitated. So, don't invest in the share market if you have this placement. But if there is Neech Bhang Raj Yog occurring then no need to worry about investing in stocks.
4) If Rahu is placed in the 5th house in the sign of Gemini but if the lord of 5th house, Mercury, is placed in the 1st house in the sign of Aquarius then this placement is often found in people who communicate with the masses or the public such as a teacher or a professor. Also, 1st house is 9th from the 5th house and anything 9th is guru or teacher or higher education. Aquarius is also a sign of network circles and so when Mercury is placed in this sign your skills of hands (as Mercury represents intellect and skills of hands) could be utilized in making networks and so people in computer network engineering can also be seen from this placement.
Internet is the biggest network which the sign of Aquarius represents and people doing all sorts of communication, marketing, and advertising through websites and youtube channels are also seen from this placement. These are the people who are making huge amount of money by expanding the network of their websites in Google and also by expanding their youtube channel.
Even if you are making an app or software this is nothing but networking as people can interact with each other using these apps and software and so people like software developers and app developers can also be seen from this placement. Just think of a stock market software which is a huge network where people can buy and sell stocks with each other and this is also networking and nothing else.
But this placement could also make you a good musical instrument player as well especially if your Mercury is placed in the 1st house in the sign of Aquarius in the Dhanistha Nakshatra as this Nakshatra has its sign as "musical drum" and so it is associated with music. Mercury in Aquarius basically means communication that passes through a network or your single voice reaches to a large group of people. These people could also be announcers in railways or airports as such people's voice reaches to the public. People using loudspeakers to announce something to the public on the road can also be seen from this placement. Union leaders can also be seen as the sign of Aquarius also represents the employees.
In olden days people used to announce the incoming of a theatre performance (nautanki) to the villagers using a loudspeaker and such Aquarius rising people had their Rahu in 5th house and Mercury in the 1st house. People doing Jagran (ceremonies or vigil) at different places have to announce a lot and such people may also have this placement.
However, political leaders and motivational speakers may also have this placement as they represent the masses through their speech and Aquarius represents the masses and Mercury represents our speech. But such people may also be sports commentators as their voice reaches to a large audience through media. These could also be the comedians who are doing the comedy and displaying through youtube videos.
5) If Rahu is placed in the 5th house in the sign of Gemini but if the lord of 5th house, Mercury, is placed in the 12th house in the sign of Capricorn then this placement is often found in those Aquarius ascendant natives who are involved in speech competitions or so-called speech contests and also there are public speaking competitions. This is because the sign of Capricorn is a sign of status and Mercury represents our speech or speaking ability. So with this placement, people need status in speaking. Such people may be very fond of speaking and they also have an authoritative voice as Capricorn is also a sign of authority. Such people are also good at scolding others such as strict teachers and professors as Capricorn (ruled by Saturn) is also a sign of strictness.
Since the sign of Capricorn represents the government > teachers of political science and civics are often seen from this placement. Since Mercury also represents writing then such people can also write on government and politics on their own blog or for some news agency or even make youtube videos for that. But this placement is not good when it comes to your children as the 5th house represents your first child.
12th house is actually 8th from the 5th house and anything 8th is hindrance or death and so 12th house is the hindrance or death of the things of the 5th house. So, it could also be so that you could lose your first child or it may be hard for you to give birth to the first child. But this is just a possibility. A lot will depend on the position of other planets in the birth chart. You may also show your communication talent in some foreign country with this placement as 12th house is also of foreign countries.
However, this placement is also often found in people who are in the parliament (MP) and they speak about the government rules and regulations such as Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha speakers in India. People who work on the ships may also have this placement as 12th house is the house of isolated places and ships run on the sea which is isolated from the real world. Ships are made of iron, wood, and steel and so represented by the sign of Capricorn as Saturn represents things made of iron, steel and wood.
Also, people running boats in the river or sea may also have this placement as boats are also represented by Saturn and Mercury represents skills of hands. But for this Saturn has to be in the sign of Pisces in the 2nd house as the sign of Pisces represents the sea and Saturn in Pisces means working on the sea but then Jupiter must also be placed in the 12th house along with Mercury.
There are also people who work with machines (from their hands) to manufacture or produce something and those kinds of people may also be seen from this placement. For example, many people sell juice on the streets and they use juicer machines to extract the juice of different fruits. Also, there are people who work in food processing or luxury items factories and they also fall in this same category. The sign of Capricorn represents machines and so this is all possible.
6) If Rahu is placed in the 5th house in the sign of Gemini but if the lord of 5th house, Mercury, is placed in the 11th house in the sign of Sagittarius then this placement is often found in people who are travel agents and offer cruises, expeditions and holiday tours as the sign of Sagittarius is about exploring the world for knowledge and Mercury here communicate and market & advertise > such holiday packages to make people explore the world.
This placement is also meant for people who are running websites, blogs and youtube channels related to travel and tourism and making a lot of money from them as 11th house represents networking and internet is the biggest network in the current century and so it represents the 11th house. This placement, however, is also valid for people who are in the customer care of various retail or wholesale businesses or even online businesses. They handle customer inquiries and give information and knowledge about their products or services as the sign of Sagittarius represents the knowledge and information of products if this sign is associated with the Purva Ashadha Nakshatra as this Nakshatra is ruled by Venus and Venus represents all materialistic products. Also, 11th house is 7th from the 5th house and so this house is about > one to one interaction with the masses or the customers > as anything 7th is one-to-one interaction.
Also, people who talk about (or advertise) religion, spirituality, God, occult science, law, etc can also be seen from this placement. These people often make use of media to give lectures or advertise their services related to these things as the sign of Sagittarius represents these things. The people you see on religious channels on the television speaking about occult science, God, health, law, spirituality etc are an example of that. Also, there are people who advertise and market their products on social networking sites like Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, etc can also be seen from this placement. These products are mostly those as represented by Venus as Purva Ashadha Nakshatra is ruled by Venus.
If Mercury falls in the Mula Nakshatra in the sign of Sagittarius in the 11th house then this Nakshatra is more about occult science, meditation, religion, etc as Ketu rules this Nakshatra and Ketu is all about giving up materialistic life. On the other hand, Purva Ashadha Nakshatra is more about the information on business products as it is ruled by Venus.
However, people who are in the field of information technology can also be seen from this placement of Rahu in the 5th house and Mercury in the 11th house for an Aquarius Ascendant as the Nakshatra of Mula takes you to the roots (programming or engineering) in networking as 11th house is also the house of networking and in computers everything is networking. Detectives, investigators, and investigative journalists can also be seen from this placement as Mula Nakshatra is also about investigating things where Mercury could also be placed in the 11th house.
7) If Rahu is placed in the 5th house in the sign of Gemini but if the lord of 5th house, Mercury, is placed in the 10th house in the sign of Scorpio then this placement could even make the native a surgical doctor especially if 10th lord Mars and 2nd lord Jupiter are placed in the 8th house in the sign of Virgo and 12th house lord, Saturn, is placed in the sign of Pisces in the 2nd house.
Mercury in the sign of Scorpio in the 10th house really could do a surgery as Scorpio is a sign of digging deep and you dig deep when you do the surgery (as Mercury represents our hands and shoulders) but the placement of the lord of Scorpio, Mars, tells where are you digging deep and since Mars is placed in the 8th house it shows surgery as 8th house is of surgeries. Also, Virgo is a sign of health and healing where Mars and Jupiter are placed.
Again considering Rahu in the 5th house in the sign of Gemini and if the lord of 5th house, Mercury, is placed in the 10th house in the sign of Scorpio then this placement could even make you a sports player where skills of hands are required but Saturn and Mars have to be in the 8th house in the sign of Virgo for that to happen.
Here the main theme is > Mercury in Scorpio means using your skills of hands to do something where there is risk, emergency and sudden ups & downs on your hands such as when you cook sometimes your hands go in fire which is a risk and emergency and Scorpio is also a sign of risks, emergencies, and sudden ups & downs. So people working in iron and steel industries where melting is involved may also have this placement. Also, people who are into welding work may also have this placement.
But since Mercury is also communication so people who talk about emergencies may also have this placement. Usually, people involved in professions related to emergency and risk management have this placement. So people involved in professions like oil spills, radiological leaks, disease epidemics, bioterrorism research, electric power-line installation and repair, logging, fishing, engineering, etc can also be seen from this placement.
8) If Rahu is placed in the 5th house in the sign of Gemini but if the lord of 5th house, Mercury, is placed in the 9th house in the sign of Libra then this placement is most prominent in Aquarius Ascendant people who are doing the designing work over the computers and internet as 9th house is the house of publishing and Libra is a sign of designing. When you write anything or design anything on computers using digital tools like photoshop it is nothing but publishing > and simply writing books or novels is not only publishing.
These are also the people who are teachers and professors and they resolve the problems of the students related to studies in subjects like biology, law, and religion as Libra is a sign of resolving the problems and since Libra sign is on the 9th house it means resolving problems related to religion and law through communication as 9th house represents law and religion and Mercury is all about communication.
Police officers, civil rights activists, humanitarians, and lawyers can also be seen from this placement as they also try to resolve problems of the public through communication. But this is more so possible if Mars and Saturn are placed in the 9th house in the sign of Libra along with Mercury.
There are also people who are making use of new-age technology such as media and internet to bring change in the society for something good and they do this by their speech. Such people also have this placement of Rahu in the 5th house and Mercury in the 9th house. Through youtube videos and television channels they try to bring their agenda of social welfare and social reforms in front of the masses. Some of these people are really very revolutionaries. People who teach finances (law and taxes) or occult science through youtube videos or online websites may also have this placement especially if Jupiter is seated in the 9th house in the sign of Sagittarius. This placement is mostly about online work as 9th house is the house of publishing and when you publish over the internet it is online publishing.
9) If Rahu is placed in the 5th house in the sign of Gemini but if the lord of 5th house, Mercury, is placed in the 8th house in the sign of Virgo then this placement is often found in people who are into different types of engineering and also into digital engineering such as web design, web programming, software development, app development, etc. This is because 8th house is the house of going to the roots of everything and Virgo is a sign of accomplishing complicated tasks such as coding and repairing. When you open any electronic item from its back and start doing engineering then you are going to the roots of that electronic item and this is what 8th house is about. It is going to the roots or source of everything and not just the electronic items.
And so people who are into the repairing of various electronic items can also be seen from this placement. Mercury in Virgo really makes you work hard in the world of information technology especially if Rahu is placed in the sign of Gemini in the 5th house of creation. But this placement could also be found in people who are in the emergency ward of a hospital and they need to supply all the tools and medical equipment in emergency operations. This is because Virgo is also a sign of health care and 8th house also represents emergency and risks.
In general, people in the health care field are often seen from this placement including surgeons, doctors, compounders, pharmacists, chemists, and nurses. People who are selling medicines in retail stores or online can also be seen from this placement. However, people who are in weight lifting can also be seen from this placement especially if Saturn is also placed along with Mercury in the 8th house. Virgo represents difficult jobs and when you lift a weight it is a difficult job and 8th house is also the house of sudden ups and downs. So people in sports where skills of hands and sudden ups & downs are required can also be seen from this placement of Rahu in 5th house and Mercury in 8th house for an Aquarius ascendant. There are also people who write blogs and articles about health care and those also fall under this category as Mercury is also writing.
10) If Rahu is placed in the 5th house in the sign of Gemini but if the lord of 5th house, Mercury, is placed in the 7th house in the sign of Leo then this placement is often seen in the birth chart of people who are comedians. They make people laugh through their words by communicating to the masses via media, theatre, stage or youtube videos. This is more so possible if Moon is also placed in the 7th house along with Mercury. Leo is really a sign of fun and entertainment and when Mercury is placed in this sign it means fun through communication.
But the sign of Leo is also about ancient texts such as Bhagvat Gita, Mahabharat, Ramayana, Bible, Quran, Rig Veda, Kama Sutra, Yajur, and Atharva Veda, etc and people who give lectures on such texts can also be seen from this placement. People who give lectures on astrology, numerology, Vaastu, and other occult science can also be seen from this placement as these are also ancient texts and Sun represents all these ancient knowledge and Sun is the ruler of the sign of Leo.
But people who are selling or marketing and advertising all kinds of books whether educational or religious can also be seen from this placement. Also, there are people who give lectures on all that is written in the ancient texts on television channels or through youtube videos may also have this placement. People who are news anchors for stock markets may also have this placement.
11) If Rahu is placed in the 5th house in the sign of Gemini but if the lord of 5th house, Mercury, is placed in the 6th house in the sign of Cancer then this is the best placement to have to get a lot of gains in life. I have already written about it in the article > when can Rahu give a lot of wealth. This placement can really give gains from stock markets and gambling and also from the film industry and through media such as television shows and internet.
You may also be interested in
Written by: Rajesh Bihani who is the webmaster of this website. Know more about Rajesh Bihani)