If you need free astrology consultation then contact me by clicking on the contact me link above
8th lord in different houses in Vedic Astrology. What are the results?
8th house is the house of uncertainties and sudden ups and downs. Now whichever house the 8th lord is placed it brings a lot of fluctuations there. See below for examples.
1) If the 8th lord is placed in the 1st house then it may bring a lot of ups and downs on the physical body as the 1st house represents the physical self. In childhood you may get punishment from your teacher and you may be asked to hold your ears and do the exercise of sitting and standing repeatedly (uthak-baithak) as that is also one of the meanings of ups and downs on the physical body.
Soldiers, policemen, terrorists, sportsmen, and people working in mines and rocky mountains where there is a lot of risks involved to the physical self usually have this kind of placement. 8th house is risk and when 8th lord is placed in the 1st house it means risk to the physical-self. Sports competitions such as football matches and hockey matches are also full of risks to the physical self.
2) If 8th lord is placed in the 2nd house then there is a lot of risks involved to the wealth of the native as whichever house the 8th lord is placed the risk is there. These are generally the people who are involved in gambling or some business where there is always a risk and nothing uncertain whether the native will lose or gain money as 2nd house represents the wealth of the native. This is usually the placement for riches to rags or rags to riches. If 8th lord is placed in the 2nd house but if 2nd house lord is placed in the 12th house of losses then this is usually riches to rags. Since 2nd house also represents intake of food so the native may also face problems related to intake of food such as food allergies or getting insufficient food due to poverty or there could be a risk to the food, clothing, financials, or luxury items business.
3) If the 8th house lord is placed in the 3rd house then the native could face a lot of ups and downs in travel and these are generally the people who travel a lot as the 3rd house is the house of travel. Also, since the 8th house is risk so there will also be a lot of risks involved in the travel. If 8th lord is placed in the 3rd house and if 3rd lord is placed in the 8th house then there is more risk in travel. Such natives need to be careful while traveling especially when malefics like Saturn, Mars, Rahu, and Ketu are transiting the 3rd house or 8th house. With this placement, there could also be a lot of ups and downs if the native is involved in marketing & advertising business as the 3rd house also represents marketing and advertising.
4) If the 8th lord is placed in the 4th house then there could be a lot of ups and downs if the native is involved in real estate or property business as the 4th house represents land and property. Such natives may need to change their home a lot in their life as the 4th house also represents the home of the native. If Mandi and Gulika are also placed in the 4th house then the native could face a lot of troubles related to home such as losing the home or restriction to home. If you don't know about Mandi and Gulika then contact me through this site to join the advanced course of Vedic Astrology.
5) If 8th lord is placed in the 5th house then the native's post in a job or service could change a lot if the native is actually doing a job as 8th lord brings a lot of change whichever house it is placed. The native could also be involved in speculative business such as gambling with this placement as the 5th house represents native's fun and entertainment and gambling is also a type of fun and gambling is nothing but the fun with money. Since the 5th house also represents the native's education the education could also suffer or there could be a lot of inconsistency in education and the native could change their subjects many times. This placement is also not good for native's kids as the 5th house also represents the kids of the native. If a native is a film actor with this placement then it could bring a lot of ups and downs in the filmi career or stage performance shows.
6) If 8th lord is placed in the 6th house then this is a very risky placement as there could be risk involved if the native is involved in sports competitions or involved in a type of profession where there is a lot of risks involved such as policemen, firemen, terrorists, etc This is because 6th house is the house of disputes and fights and competitions and when 8th lord is placed in the 6th house then the risk of life is there in the fights and disputes as wherever 8th lord is placed there are risk there. If 6th lord is also placed in the 8th house then death could also occur as the 8th house is death also. This is placement could also bring a lot of ups and downs in competitive exams and so not good for competitive exams as 6th house is also the house of competitive exams and it could also bring sports injuries if the native is involved in sports.
7) If 8th lord is placed in the 7th house then this is again the worst placement as it could bring a lot of ups and downs or turbulence in marriage or relationships or business partnerships as 7th house represents all these things. People often change relationships with this placement and there could be multiple relationships or multiple marriages because of the change as wherever 8th lord is placed you can expect a change or transformation there. The native could also get possessed by some dead spirit with this placement as the 7th house is Swadisthana Chakra and dead spirits enter through Muladhara Chakra which is represented by the 8th house. But this is more so possible if the ascendant lord is conjuncting the 8th lord in the 7th house. Since 8th lord also represents the in-laws so the native's in-laws could also interfere in the married life of the native.
8) If 8th lord is placed in the 8th house then this is usually a good placement unless the 8th house is aspected by malefics. The native gets protected by all the negatives of the 8th house when 8th lord is placed in the 8th house itself.
9) If 8th lord is placed in the 9th house then the major risk comes when it comes to religion and court cases especially if 9th lord is placed in the 6th house of disputes. 9th house is law and 9th house also represents the father so the native could face a lot of troubles from father or the government as 9th house is law and laws are governed by the government of a country. But this is a good placement to take a lot of pilgrimages or foreign travels in life as 9th house also represents foreign trips and also pilgrimages but if 9th lord is placed in the 8th house (other than 8th lord in 9th house) then there could be a risk in the pilgrimage or foreign trip as 8th house represents risks and uncertainties in the native's life. This is more so possible if the ascendant lord is also placed in the 9th house and it is conjuncting 8th lord. With this placement, the native could also make a lot of ups and downs due to higher education in a foreign country.
10) If 8th lord is placed in the 10th house then this placement could bring a lot of ups and downs in your career or profession or position as the 10th house represents that. You may either lose your job or get transferred many times. You may also be promoted or demoted in a company with this placement. 8th lord brings change or transfers whichever house it is placed. If you are in politics with this placement you could face a lot of uncertainties in elections. In other words, sometimes you will win and sometimes you will lose elections.
11) If 8th lord is placed in the 11th house then people in your personal or professional network circle could become your enemies and you may lose customers or regular income because of them. This could also bring a lot of ups and downs in the regular income or customers as the 11th house represents that. You may also get into fights with the public or the masses especially if the ascendant lord is also placed in the 11th house and Mars is placed in the 7th house of one-to-one interaction. Mars in the 7th house often gets you into fights with other people especially if ascendant lord and 7th lord are placed in the 11th house and conjuncting the 8th lord. This is actually the placement where the native could get a nice beating from the public as 11th house represents the public.
12) If 8th lord is placed in the 12th house and if the ascendant lord is also placed in the 12th house then a lot of foreign trips are possible with this placement. You may also work in a ship or boat with this placement. Any profession related to marine or sea is also possible with this placement. Since the 12th house also represents the expenses so a lot of ups and downs are possible when it comes to expenses. You may also see ghosts or paranormal things in your dreams as 12th house also represents sleep and dreams.
Plz note: I am an astrologer from New Delhi, India and if you need horoscope reading services or want to learn the real secrets of Vedic Astrology then plz contact me through this site.
You may also be interested in
Why there is risk to your wealth when 8th lord in 2nd house?
An example chart: risk of accident seen in Vedic Astrology
How 8th lord Saturn in the 9th house make huge amount of money?
What if 3rd lord is in 4th house in Vedic Astrology?
Written by: Rajesh Bihani who is the webmaster of this website. Know more about Rajesh Bihani).
If you need free consultation contact me through this site. If you want to learn advanced astrology then you can do that by going through videos on my youtube channel. I have explained through various example charts how to use the advanced astrological tools for accurate predictions.
If you are a regular reader of this site plz donate something here.