If you need astrology consultation then contact me by clicking on the contact me link above
Can Saturn in Cancer make you heartless (less generous)? (Vedic Astrology)
Cancer is a sign of our emotions and this sign has to do with our heart. The sign of Cancer has to do with our heart as we express our emotions through our heart and Venus is also the significator of our heart. Saturn is a restrictive planet and when Saturn is placed in the sign of Cancer it restricts our emotions. For example, some people cannot be generous to give their things or money to others as generosity is expressed through our emotions and emotions are suppressed when a planet like Saturn falls in the sign of Cancer as Cancer is a sign of expressing our generosity and Saturn is a restrictive planet as mentioned before.
But this is not always so that a person cannot be generous when Saturn is placed in the sign of Cancer. You should look at the Navamsa chart as Navamsa chart tells how your planets are working internally and what is the luck associated with these planets in your life as Navamsa is the chart for the 9th house of luck. The major problem comes when both in the Navamasa chart and the birth chart Saturn falls in the sign of Cancer. How Saturn will behave in the sign of Cancer will also depend on the ascendant of the native and so let’s discuss for each ascendant.
1) Aries Ascendant: For Aries ascendant, if Saturn is placed in the sign of Cancer in the 4th house then they may be very much possessive when it comes to their home and mother as 4th house represents the home or any kind of shelter and 4th house also represents the mother. They may not be able to leave their home and settle in some other home or some other country or other cities. They could also be very strict with their mother or possessive of their mother as the sign of Cancer or Moon represents the mother and Saturn is a very strict and restrictive planet.
4th house also represents the comforts and conveniences of life and so Saturn may even restrict your comforts and conveniences of life (but till a certain age only) with this placement as Saturn has a restrictive nature. When you cannot become generous then you become possessive in nature and then you cannot give up things easily and that is what Saturn does in the sign of Cancer. So, it may also be that natives, with this placement, may not be able to give up their comforts or conveniences of life such as their old vehicle or old home or any other old home appliance. They want to stick to their old things and may not want to buy a new thing.
2) Taurus Ascendant: For a Taurus ascendant if Saturn falls in the sign of Cancer in the 3rd house then the native could become heartless in marketing and may charge a lot to their customers as the 3rd house is the house of marketing and advertising. They may also be very strict by heart to the customers and may even say abusive words if the customers don’t buy anything and simply waste their time. These people are generally seen into marketing in retail or wholesale shops related to clothing, home furniture, home appliances, vehicles, etc.
It may also be that natives, with this placement, may not even be able to express themselves properly in communication as 3rd house is the house of communication. Their communication or voice may have fear or nervousness in it. They may even fear to communicate but this may happen till a particular age only. Their communication may also seem to be depressive and they may even communicate harshly as Saturn is a very harsh planet. A lot will depend on the placement of the Moon in the birth chart so look for that. If Moon is placed in the sign of Scorpio in the 7th house then there could be a major issue with the communication.
3) Gemini Ascendant: For a Gemini ascendant, if Saturn falls in the sign of Cancer in the 2nd house then these natives may struggle with money initially in life as Saturn is a restrictive planet and so it restricts the wealth in the 2nd house as 2nd house is the house of wealth and also at some point in life they may also be restricted to their family as 2nd house is also the house of family. For example, many kids are sent to boarding school and so they are restricted to their family if they have this placement.
Such natives often do food, beverage, home appliances, vehicles, and clothing-related family business but they mostly flourish in the 2nd half of their life. But such natives may be very much possessive of their family and may not be able to leave their family as when there is no generosity then possessiveness takes over. Cancer is a sign of generosity. But possessiveness is more so if the 2nd lord Moon is placed in the sign of Scorpio in the 6th house.
You might have seen parents who are so much attached to their children then such parents usually have this placement. Saturn is a planet that represents machines and Cancer is a sign that represents food and clothing and so food, clothing, and furniture manufacturers are generally seen from this placement.
Natives with this placement may also find it difficult to spend money as their heart may not open up to spend money as Saturn restricts the heart and 2nd house is the house of money and family assets. They may be very much possessive when it comes to their family assets and may not easily give up. Since 2nd house is said to be the Maraka house (death inflicting) in Vedic Astrology so Saturn could also be a Maraka planet for the native and the native could even die during Saturn mahadasa or anterdasa especially if Saturn Mahadasha appears in the old age such as after the age of 50 or 60. This placement could also bring a lot of turbulence (ups and downs) in wealth as Saturn rules the 8th house of turbulence for a Gemini Ascendant.
4) Cancer Ascendant: For a Cancer Ascendant, if Saturn falls in the sign of Cancer in the 1st house then this placement could make them heartless and people may say that this person is heartless as here the ascendant itself is afflicted and ascendant tells about the personality of the person. Saturn is an enemy planet for the sign of Cancer and so the emotions are restricted and we express gratitude or thankfulness to others with our emotions and this may lack with this placement. But this could be so till a particular age only as Saturn imposes restrictions till a particular age only and Saturn never denies.
For a Cancer ascendant, Saturn rules the 7th house of spouse and so the spouse of the native could also be very quarrelsome and heartless with this placement. Such natives physically may also be very weak as their ascendant is afflicted badly here. With this placement of Saturn, the native may not be physically active as he may feel tired or fatigued after only a little bit of exertion. Saturn is also > marankarka (death inflicting) for the native as Saturn rules their 7th house which is considered as the marankarka house along with 2nd house. So, the death of the native could also happen in Saturn mahadasha or anterdasa and I have also seen people suffering from Cancer with this placement as here the sign of Cancer is badly afflicted.
5) Leo Ascendant: For a Leo Ascendant, if Saturn falls in the sign of Cancer in the 12th house then they could become heartless when it comes to spirituality or they may be restricted to spirituality and they could also be restricted if they want to spend some time in isolation as 12th house is the house of isolation. It may also be that they want to go to a foreign country or some tourist place but they will be restricted due to Saturn being placed in the 12th house in the sign of Cancer.
They may also be restricted to the bedroom life as the 12th house also represents the sleep or bedroom life. If Mars is also placed along with Saturn in the 12th house then such natives could be heartless and may even force someone in bed such as sexual harassment. This is because Saturn rules their 7th house of relationships. People working in hotel rooms often have this placement as bedrooms are seen in a hotel. Not able to sleep < could also be a problem they may face. Emotions and feelings towards spirituality and isolation are lost when Saturn falls in the sign of Cancer in the 12th house as the 12th house is also the house of spirituality, isolation, and healing.
These natives could also be very strict in making sexual relationships with opposite partners in the bedroom. A lot will depend on the 12th lord, Moon, in the birth chart so look for that. If Moon is weak (such as placed in the sign of Scorpio in the 4th) then such natives may fall prey to multiple relationships as Saturn rules their 7th house of relationships.
6) Virgo Ascendant: For a Virgo Ascendant, if Saturn is placed in the sign of Cancer in the 11th house then such natives could be heartless to other people and so they may fight a lot with other people as the 11th house is the house that represents the other people such as the friends, relatives, and customers. Here the emotions and feelings towards the other people are lost and so these natives could even be cruel to other people especially if 11th lord Moon is afflicted by malefics in a given house otherwise it may not be so.
The heart is everything and when the heart is not good then a person becomes cruel such as terrorists as Saturn is a malefic and cruel planet. As mentioned before the sign of Cancer is associated with the heart as we express our emotions and feelings towards others by our heart. Since Saturn rules the 5th house of kids for a Virgo ascendant so their kids could also be cruel to other people. Often this placement is seen in the chart of army people and police officers and even sportsmen as they are very strict by heart and you need to be as a police officer.
7) Libra Ascendant: For a Libra ascendant, if Saturn is placed in the sign Cancer in the 10th house then such natives may be restricted to authority and power or they could be a very cruel or heartless ruler or a boss. If such natives become politicians then the public cannot be happy with them as they may dominate and behave in a cruel way. Again, people like police officers and people working in the government at authoritative positions are seen from this placement.
But of course, people like engineers and people working on industrial machines may also have this placement. But they may be a hunger for authority and power and higher positions as the 10th house is the house of authoritative positions. We cannot say exactly cruel unless other malefic planets like Ketu and Mars are also aspecting Moon or they are placed in the sign of Cancer but they could be strict by heart when it comes to getting their work done from their employees or as a recruiter they may ask strict questions to the job seekers or candidates. They could also be very bossy by heart.
8) Scorpio Ascendant: For a Scorpio ascendant, if Saturn is placed in the sign of Cancer in the 9th house then such natives may get into a fight on issues related to religion and racial discrimination. They could become very strict by heart when it comes to their own belief system or their own religion and that is the reason they could get into a fight with people of other religions as the 9th house is the house of religion and belief system and culture.
They could also be very aggressive priests or pundits who follow strict rules and regulations and they could also be aggressive regulators in the government. Since Saturn rules their 3rd house of communication so they could also be very strict speakers or communicators. Such natives can even be cruel to their Gurus and teachers if somehow Rahu is aspecting Saturn or placed along with Saturn in the 9th house. If you are a teacher with this placement you could be a very strict teacher and may even beat students as Saturn could make you cruel (or heartless) when placed in the sign of Cancer.
9) Sagittarius Ascendant: For a Sagittarius ascendant, if Saturn is placed in the sign of Cancer in the 8th house then such natives could be very strict with their in-laws if they are married as the 8th house is the house of in-laws. Their heart could also be very strict when it comes to gambling with the money and they may be against it and they may also feel very insecure while doing any kind of speculation such as gambling or stock trading or sports betting as the 8th house is the house of risks and emergencies.
They may also feel insecure while doing any kind of recreational stunts such as jumping from a mountain or an airplane using a parachute etc. The placement of Saturn in Cancer can also make you insecure as Cancer is a sign of security and Saturn is a restrictive planet. With this placement, the native may engage in gambling but they could be fearful while speculating and due to fear they mostly lose money. Saturn in the sign of Cancer is really not a good placement as it often gives fear and insecurity.
10) Capricorn and Aquarius Ascendant: For a Capricorn ascendant, if Saturn is placed in the sign of Cancer in the 7th house then such natives may be physically very weak and they may not be energetic as Saturn in Cancer makes a person dull with the physical strength as here Saturn is ruling the first house of the physical body.
The same is the case when Saturn is placed in the sign of Cancer in the 6th house for an Aquarius ascendant. Such natives will always feel lazy while doing any work and they could also be very cruel and heartless by temperament especially if Rahu is either placed along with Saturn or giving the aspect to Saturn. They may also have insecurity in their heart regarding marriage or relationships if it is a Capricorn ascendant. There could be a lot of insecurity and fear when it comes to jobs, fights, and arguments if Saturn is placed in the sign of Cancer for an Aquarius ascendant. Also, they could also envy others.
You may also be interested in
Written by: Rajesh Bihani who is the webmaster of this website. Know more about Rajesh Bihani).
If you need consultation contact me through this site. Click on the contact me link in the top menu.
If you are a regular reader of this site plz donate something here.
If you are a regular reader of this site plz donate something here.