What if Mercury is in 5th house for Libra Ascendant? (Vedic Astrology)
This article is also valid for > 12th lord in 5th house and 9th lord in 5th house for Libra Ascendant.
Mercury will fall in the sign of Aquarius when placed in the 5th house for a Libra Ascendant. There are several possibilities with this placement and here are some of them.
1) 12th house is the house of expenses and losses and since the sign of Virgo falls on the 12th house for a Libra ascendant and since Virgo is a sign of debt so with this placement the native may spend money from the loan taken and so this placement could get the native into debt. Since the 5th house is the house of kids so the native may borrow money on his/her kid’s education or the native may also borrow money and invest in the financial markets such as the stock markets.
But this is more likely if the 2nd lord Mars is placed in the 8th house as when the 2nd lord is placed in the 8th house then you risk your family assets or money as the 8th house is the house of risk-taking. Now, if the 8th lord Venus is placed in the 5th house or the 9th house then the risk could be from the financial markets as the 5th house and the 9th house both are known for speculation or trying luck. Libra ascendant natives, in general, risk their money or wealth a lot as the sign of Scorpio falls on their 2nd house of wealth and Scorpio is a sign of risks and emergency.
2) 12th house is also about foreign things or foreign places and Virgo (or Mercury) is a sign of tax and so people who are collecting road tax or toll tax on behalf of the government may also have this placement of > Mercury in the 5th house in the sign of Aquarius. The sign of Aquarius represents the masses or the public and 5th house is ruled by Sun in the default zodiac and Sun represents the government and so it becomes collecting taxes from the public on behalf of the government.
You cannot cross the line between one state to another in India unless you pay the road tax especially when you are traveling via private car or a taxi. Also, people working in the government departments related to foreign taxes such as import duty or export duty can also be seen from this placement. But this is more so possible if the 5th lord Saturn is placed in the sign of Pisces in the 7th house. Saturn is considered exalted in the 7th house.
3) There are also people who are working in the loan department of various financial institutions such as banks, insurance companies, and other home and vehicle loan companies. Such people may also have this placement of > Mercury in the 5th house in the sign of Aquarius. They communicate with the public about their offers (such as loan offers) as Mercury is a planet of communication and Aquarius is a sign that represents the masses or the public. But Jupiter must be placed in the sign of Virgo in the 12th house for this kind of profession.
4) There are also people who are writing blogs (or making websites) and making youtube videos related to the government taxes (such as Chartered accountants) and such people may also have this placement of > Mercury in the 5th house in the sign of Aquarius as Aquarius is a sign of networks and websites and youtube videos are nothing but a way to grow the network to spread the knowledge and information. Virgo is a sign of difficulty and a tax is also a type of difficulty imposed on the earned wealth and so tax is also represented by the sign of Virgo or Mercury.
5) Also, TV anchors and YouTubers reading news about the financial markets such as the stock markets and currency markets may also have this placement as Mercury is placed in the 5th house and 5th house is the house of speculation such as stock trading, gambling, and sports betting. Sports commentators, radio announcers, and announcers at the railway stations and airports may also have this placement. This is because they make the announcement to the public and Aquarius is a sign that represents the public and also Mercury rules the 12th house and 9th house which are both the houses of travel & foreign places.
6) Teachers and professors of subjects like accounting and taxation may also have this placement as here the 9th lord is also placed in the 5th house which is quite a placement for higher education and teaching as 9th house is the house of higher education. Online teachers and counselors can also be seen from this placement.
7) Mercury is also a planet of travel and so during Mercury dasa or anterdasa you can also travel to some foreign country with this placement. 9th lord in the 5th house is a great placement for foreign travel as 5th house is 9th from the 9th house and so it is also the house of long-distance journeys as 9th house is the house of long-distance journeys.
8) Digital advertisers of health care products such as herbal products may also have this placement of > Mercury in the 5th house in the sign of Aquarius but this is more so possible if Jupiter and Moon are placed in the sign of Virgo in the 12th house as Moon is a planet of nurturing. Also, the 12th house is a house of healing and Virgo is a sign of diseases. 12th house or Pisces is really a sign of spiritual healing.
9) If other planets in the birth chart are supportive then people like singers can also be seen from this placement as the 5th house is also the house of fun and entertainment.
10) Since the 9th house is the house of publishing and since here the 9th lord Mercury is placed in the 5th house of promotion (increasing name and fame) so people involved in the promotion or marketing of printing and stationery products such as pen, pencils, chart papers, printers, books, religious books, copies, paper, printing materials, fax machines, copiers, stickers, posters, promotional items, etc can also be seen from this placement.
11) Teachers and professors of anthropology may also have this placement as Aquarius is a sign that represents the people (humans) and anthropology is a subject where you study the human societies and cultures and their development and also you study human biological and physiological characteristics and their evolution.
You may also be interested in
Written by: Rajesh Bihani who is the webmaster of this website. Know more about Rajesh Bihani).
If you are a regular reader of this site plz donate something such as $3 (INR 200) or $4 (INR 300) or any other bigger amount. Plz click on the donations link above for payment instructions. Also, if you want to learn to make perfect predictions in astrology then you can join my advanced vedic astrology tutorials as mentioned on the "contact me" link above. Your small donation will help me know how much appreciable my content is.