What if Ketu is in 10th house for Cancer Ascendant? (Vedic Astrology)
Ketu will fall in the sign of Aries when placed in the 10th house for a Cancer Ascendant. There are several possibilities with this placement and here are some of them.
1) Ketu is a planet of change or replacement and Aries is a sign of fuel and so people doing the job of replacement or change of fuel pumps may have this placement as a Pump is a machine and you work with machines in the 10th house as 10th house is ruled by Saturn in the default zodiac and Saturn is a planet that represents all the machinery and tools made of iron and steel. In other words, people who are working in the automobile industry generally have this placement of Ketu in the sign of Aries in the 10th house. Also, the ascendant is Moon and Moon is a planet that represents the shelters and a vehicle is also a shelter in travel. Ascendant itself tells the purpose of life.
2) There are many people who are working on petrol pumps to fill the tanks of the vehicles of the customers with petrol or diesel and these people may also have this placement as Ketu is a planet of going to the roots, and fuel tanks and engines are the roots of the vehicles.
3) People working with batteries (energy storage) and inverters may also have this placement as batteries store energy and inverters change direct current (DC) to alternative current (AC) and Ketu is also a planet of change and Aries is a sign of energy. People working with solar inverters may also have this placement as in solar inverters also one form of energy (solar energy) is converted into another form (electrical energy) and Ketu is also a planet of conversion (change). Ketu is the natural significator of the 8th house and the 8th house is the house of transformation (change). So, it makes perfect sense.
4) People working with electric and DC (direct current) motors may also have this placement as motors are used to convert electrical energy to mechanical energy or in other words to produce motion. Electric motors are used in all kinds of machines where motion is required such as fans, air coolers, air conditioners, refrigerators, and other home appliances. A fan cannot move and rotate without a motor.
So, all kinds of engineers (such as electronics and electrical) who are working with the motors can also be seen from this placement. Even a laptop or computer uses a fan and a motor and so people like computer hardware engineers may also have this placement. Aries is energy and Ketu is a planet of change or conversion. Now, when Ketu is placed in the sign of Aries it means conversion of energy such as converting solar energy to electrical energy, etc. People working with fuel cells may also have this placement as fuel cells convert chemical energy to electrical energy.
5) People working with the geothermal power plants, coal & nuclear power planets may also have this placement as in these plants electric energy is generated by the use of geothermal energy. People working with the boilers and furnaces may also have this placement as power generation is the major theme of this placement of > Ketu in the sign of Aries in the 10th house.
6) Ketu is also a planet of turbulence as Ketu is the natural significator of the 8th house which is a house of turbulence and Aries is a sign of motion or energy and so it means turbulence in motion or energy and so people like pilots may also have this placement as they face a lot of turbulence when they are in motion in the air while in the airplane or a helicopter.
People who are into rocket propulsion engineering (aerodynamics) may also have this placement. In rocket propulsion also chemical energy stored in the fuel of the rocket is transformed into heat and work. If the 10th lord Mars is placed in the sign of Taurus in the 11th house then all kinds of engineers are generally seen as 11th house is the major house of engineering as it is the house of spinning or rotation and the motors spin or rotate when the energy is supplied to them. When Mars is placed in the 11th house it gives the energy for spinning and rotation as Mars is a planet of energy and motion.
7) Also, there are people who are working with hydroelectric dams where the gravitational potential energy is converted into electrical energy and so such people may also have this placement. People working with windmills and OTEC may also have this placement.
8) Many people work with hand pumps or water pumps and tube wells in the field of agriculture (used for irrigation) and they may also have this placement of > Ketu in the sign of Aries in the 10th house. This is because wells are seen from the planet Ketu or the 8th house as anything underground is seen by the 8th house. When you work with hand pumps there is a lot of up & down involved and Ketu is a planet of up & down (turbulence) as the 8th house is the house of up & down or uncertainties and Ketu is the significator of the 8th house. Ascendant lord is also Moon and Moon is water and so working with water pumps makes sense as Rahu is placed in the 4th house and the 4th house is also ruled by Moon in the default zodiac.
9) Racecar or race bike drivers are also most commonly seen from this placement as when you drive very fast then there is a lot of turbulence on your vehicle while in motion and Ketu is a planet of turbulence and Aries is a sign of motion. So, sportsmen can also be seen from this placement. Even a vehicle is a machine (moving machine) and the 10th house is also the house of working with machines so it makes perfect sense. Also, the ascendant lord is Moon and Moon is a planet of shelters and a vehicle is also a shelter in travel.
10) Physics is the main subject associated with motion and energy and so teachers and professors of physics can also be seen from this placement.
11) If Sun is also placed along with Ketu in the 10th house in the sign of Aries then people like optical engineers can also be seen from this placement because Sun has to do with the light and lighting and optical engineering is also about light and rays and motion of light rays is generally the theme of optical engineering.
12) People studying fluid dynamics may also have this placement and there are various applications of fluid dynamics such as predicting weather patterns, the flow rate of petroleum through pipelines, etc. Fluid is anything that flows and all liquid and gaseous substances are considered to be fluids. Fluid dynamics is the study of the motion of these substances and so the Aries sign comes into the role here as Aries is a sign of motion and Ketu is a planet of turbulence. There is a lot of turbulence in the air or sea during floods and storms and Ketu is a planet of turbulence. So, engineers concerned with all these things may also have this placement. If the 10th lord Mars is placed in the sign of Pisces then people concerned with weather forecasting or floods or air travel may be seen.
You may also be interested in
Written by: Rajesh Bihani who is the webmaster of this website. Know more about Rajesh Bihani).
If you are a regular reader of this site plz donate something such as $3 (INR 200) or $4 (INR 300) or any other bigger amount. Plz click on the donations link above for payment instructions. Also, if you want to learn to make perfect predictions in astrology then you can join my advanced vedic astrology tutorials as mentioned on the "contact me" link above. Your small donation will help me know how much appreciable my content is.