If you need astrology consultation then contact me by clicking on the contact me link above
What if Ketu is in 2nd house for Gemini Ascendant? (Vedic Astrology)
This article is also valid for > Ketu in Cancer in 2nd house.
Ketu will fall in the sign of Cancer when placed in the 2nd house for a Gemini Ascendant. There are several possibilities with this placement and here are some of them.
1) This placement may give you a lot of fear and anxiety when it comes to your family assets or family wealth. You may feel insecure all the time when it comes to wealth & family assets. This is because the sign of Cancer represents our emotions and Ketu is a suppressive planet and so it suppresses the emotions and creates depression and anxiety. This often happens when you risk your family assets or financial assets such as risking your money in gambling and stock market trading or currency trading or sports betting or any other type of speculative business.
When Rahu is placed in the 8th house in the sign of Capricorn then it makes you take risks with your financial assets as the 8th house is the house of taking risks. For example, many people gamble in commodity trading and they may also have this placement as the sign of Capricorn or Saturn represents commodities such as gold, silver, copper, etc. If Sun and Moon are also placed in the 8th house in the sign of Capricorn along with Rahu then certainly the native could trade in gold and silver as Sun represents the gold and Moon represents the silver.
If Venus is placed in the sign of Capricorn in the 8th house then the native could trade in currency and stocks. But taking risks in trading is more so possible if the 8th lord Saturn is placed in the 5th house in the sign of Libra as the 5th house is the house of speculation and Libra is a sign of trading. Rahu is our obsession in life and Rahu wants to make quick money through short-cut ways. If Rahu is uncontrollable then it can even make you bankrupt.
2) When Rahu gets activated in the Rahu period in the 8th house then you could do things which might be risky such as stealing or robbing and when you do such illegal things then Ketu in the sign of Cancer gives you fear and anxiety in your heart as the sign of Cancer represents our heart. Many people even do risky stunts in the circus or they do risky stunts during the shooting of films and TV shows and so when they do such fearful things then it gives anxiety and fear in their heart due to the placement of Ketu in the sign of Cancer. If the ruler of the sign of Cancer is either debilitated (placed in the sign of Scorpio) or afflicted by malefics then this placement of Ketu in the sign of Cancer in the 2nd house could also bring some kind of accident or injury to the native.
3) Many people are involved in risky recreational activities (extreme sports) such as bungee jumping or jumping from an airplane or helicopter using a parachute or wave surfing or paragliding etc and such people may also have this placement of Ketu in the sign of Cancer in the 2nd house and Ketu brings a lot of anxiety and fear in them as they are involved in all kinds of risks. If you have this placement and if your Moon is not strongly placed in the chart then you should not engage in such risky sports as it may even give heart failure as the sign of Cancer represents our heart. This is actually a very risky placement and could even be life-threatening.
4) People with this placement of > Ketu in the 2nd house in the sign of Cancer may also be fearful of taking a bath and this abnormality has been given the name of Ablutophobia in the medical terms. In other words, the native could suffer from Ablutophobia with this placement. Even the fear of sitting in a bathtub or entering swimming is also possible with this placement. But again, this is more so possible if the Moon, ruler of Cancer, in the chart is afflicted in some way.
5) People like terrorists, drug dealers, and serial killers often have this placement and they are always fearful in their heart as when you do wrong things in life it gives fear and anxiety as you are afraid of getting caught up with the police.
6) People engaged in all kinds of tantra, mantra, and other paranormal and occult things may also have this placement as Ketu is also a planet that represents the 8th house of occult science and paranormal. This placement is also prone to give you some kind of possession such as the dead spirit possession or ghost possession and when you have such things in your subtle system then you always have anxiety and nervousness in your heart and this is what Ketu does in the sign of Cancer in the 2nd house.
7) With this placement, the native may also suffer from motion sickness such as vomiting during travel. They suffer more when they travel in a bus while on a road travel on a mountain as they may be fear of height. But this is more so possible if Venus, the default ruler of the 2nd house and Mars are also debilitated in the chart. Eating disorders are also likely with this placement. There is a lot of turbulence while traveling on mountains and Ketu is also a planet of turbulence and so Ketu gets activated and since Ketu is placed in the sign of Cancer it creates emotional problems such as motion sickness. But motion sickness is more likely if Mars is also placed in the sign of Cancer in the 2nd house and if Moon is debilitated in the 6th house.
8) Heart troubles are likely if Ketu is placed in the sign of Cancer in the 2nd house and if the 2nd lord Moon is placed in the sign of Virgo in the 4th house. This is because the sign of Cancer or Moon has to do with our heart and Virgo is a sign of difficulties and troubles and so it gives trouble to the heart such as chest pain. If Ketu is also conjuncted or aspected by the malefics like Mars and Saturn then heart problems are more likely.
9) Cancer is a sign of generosity and showing feelings & gratitude towards others such as your family members and relatives and this may also be affected when Ketu is placed in the sign of Cancer in the 2nd house as Ketu is a natural malefic and it is a suppressive planet and so it suppresses the emotions of the native. This placement can also make the native cruel if Ketu is conjuncted or aspected by malefic planets like Saturn & Mars. This is how you see cruelty in Vedic Astrology.
For example, butchers (who kill animals to obtain meat) has to be cruel with the animals like hen and goat otherwise we cannot get chicken tandoori and mutton korma to eat. If Saturn is in Scorpio then butchers can also be seen from this placement as Scorpio is a sign of killing and Saturn represents the tools like butcher supplies as Saturn represents all the tools made of iron and steel.
10) Many people work for the cremation of dead people in a mortuary and such people may also have this placement of > Ketu in the 2nd house in the sign of Cancer as Ketu is also a planet of dead bodies and cremation and so the heart of the native could also be towards such things. Gravediggers on cremation grounds could be a good example of that. The person doing all the religious activities for the cremation of the dead body may also have this placement.
11) With this placement, the native may also face the fear of death. People like forensic pathologists (or coroners) may also have this placement as they also work a lot on dead bodies to find some kind of evidence for the investigation of the crime. Also, the 2nd house is also the house known as the Marankarka in Vedic astrology and so professions related to death or dead bodies are quite possible with this placement of Ketu in the 2nd house in the sign of Cancer.
12) People like bomb technicians, crime scene cleaners, embalmers, exterminators, ghost hunters, and hematologists may also be seen from this placement.
13) Ketu in the sign of Cancer can make the native cruel by heart and when a person is cruel then he likes to dominate and rule over other people and that is the reason Rahu then falls in the sign of Capricorn which is a sign of domination, authority, and power. Those dominating bosses in the office are very much heartless and you need to be heartless in order to dominate or rule over others. But this is not always so and this is just one of the possibilities as it will also depend a lot on the placement of other planets in the birth and the Navamsa chart.
14) People like police officers and soldiers may also have this placement as they have to be cruel to the enemies and Ketu in the 2nd house helps in doing that.
15) Fear of death is another thing that the native could experience with this placement as 2nd house is the house of Marankarka (death inflicting).
You may also be interested in
Written by: Rajesh Bihani who is the webmaster of this website. Know more about Rajesh Bihani).
If you need consultation contact me through this site. Click on the contact me link in the top menu.
If you are a regular reader of this site plz donate something here.
If you are a regular reader of this site plz donate something here.