If you need free astrology consultation then contact me by clicking on the contact me link above
What if Mercury is in 8th house in Libra for Pisces ascendant? (Vedic Astrology)
This article is also valid for > 7th lord in the 8th house for Pisces ascendant.
For a Pisces ascendant native, Mercury will fall in the sign of Libra when placed in the 8th house. Several predictions could be made with this placement and here are some of them.
1) When the sign of Virgo falls on the 7th house it means disputes in relationships or partnerships and when the 7th lord Mercury is placed in the sign of Libra in the 8th house it means resolving the disputes in relationships or partnerships which could even be marriage counseling. Lawyers also resolve disputes between the two parties and so the lawyers can also be seen from this placement. The 8th house is the gain of the 7th house as any given house is always the gain of its previous house. Also, if Virgo is a sign of disputes, then Libra is a sign of resolving those disputes as Libra is a sign of peace and harmony.
2) People like sports referees may also have this placement of > Mercury in the 8th house in the sign of Libra as they also resolve disputes between the two competitors such as the two boxers or the two wrestlers competing with each other in a given athletic event. Even they resolve disputes between the two teams who are competing with each other such as the two hockey teams or even the two football teams etc. So, this is what Mercury also does in the sign of Libra in the 8th house.
3) People like brokers may also have this placement > Mercury in the 8th house in the sign of Libra as they also resolve disputes between the two business parties (the seller and the buyer). They act as meditators. Basically, someone who is involved in mediation can be seen from this placement. In mediation, the disputing parties work with a neutral 3rd party, the mediator, to resolve their disputes.
Many people are working for big businesses such as Paypal and also freelancer sites (such as freelancer.com, upwork.com, guru.com etc.) where they carry out the mediation process when sometimes disputes occur between the two parties. Paypal (PayPal is a payment processor and many people make advance payments through PayPal to buy something or get some services) disputes are quite common when the product delivered is not as per the contract deal or agreement. On freelancer sites also, freelancers get into disputes when the product or service delivered is not as expected or as promised. So, someone has to deal with such issues and these are generally the people who have this placement.
4) People like diplomats may also have this placement of > Mercury in the sign of Libra in the 8th house as diplomats also try and resolve disputes and differences between the two countries or the two states and try and bring peace and harmony with their skills of negotiation. The sign of Libra is also a sign of negotiation and peace & harmony.
5) If Mercury is Darakarka (DK) this placement of > 7th lord Mercury in the 8th house could also be good for trading such as stock trading, commodity trading, currency trading, sports betting, etc. DK carries the energy of the 7th house of business and trade.
6) Mercury is also a planet of communication and the 8th house is also the house of emergencies and so people who are somehow involved in working with the emergency communication systems may also have this placement. Emergency communication is the way a business informs employees about a workplace emergency such as chemical spills, explosions (such as in mining), active shooters and acts of terrorism, fires, gas leaks, floods, earthquakes, etc. This is more so possible if the 8th lord Venus is placed in the sign of Scorpio in the 9th house as Scorpio is also a sign of emergencies and turbulence. A siren or alert messages are good examples of emergency communication systems.
7) There are many auxiliary communication methods in linguists such as paralanguage and this is a type of communication such as through gestures, expressions, and postures and this is not verbal communication. This is more of communication through body language and people involved in such communication may also have their Mercury placed in the 8th house in the sign of Libra and Venus placed in the sign of Scorpio in the 9th house. The 8th house is the major house of translation and people make use of such body language communication during language translation for deaf people.
For example, secretly you may suggest a code through your body language to your friend and accordingly, he can act as per the secret code given by you. This type of secret communication is certainly possible when Mercury is in the 8th house. In gambling, such as casinos, people often make use of such secret body language codes to win over their competitors. The 8th house is also the house of secrets and it is also the house of gambling or risk-taking.
Mercury in the 8th house is just the same as Mercury in Scorpio and so these types of communication are also applications for people having their Mercury placed in the sign of Scorpio in the 9th house of languages. For Aries ascendant people if Mercury is placed in the 8th house in the sign of Scorpio they may cheat in gambling through body language communication and I already mentioned earlier about body language communication.
8) The 8th house is also a very chaotic house and Mercury is a planet of communication and so this placement has a strong connection with chaotic and non-chaotic communication. Currently, all the wireless signals in communication systems are non-chaotic (having well defined period and frequency) but scientists are working in this field for chaotic signals to improve the performance of wireless communication systems as mentioned here > https://phys.org/news/2013-05-chaos-wireless.html.
So, this placement of Mercury in the 8th house in the sign of Libra could also be seen in the birth chart of people who are working as engineers in the field of telecommunication. But this is more so possible if the 8th lord Venus is placed in the sign of Gemini in the 4th house as Gemini is also a sign of communication. This same placement is also good for vehicular communication systems which are nothing but computer networks in which vehicles and roadside units are the communication nodes, providing each other with information such as safety warnings and traffic information. Intelligent transportation system (ITS) is the field where such communication systems are used.
9) If Mars is placed in the sign of Virgo in the 7th house and then if the 7th lord Mercury is placed in the 8th house in the sign of Libra this placement could be seen in the birth chart of people who are computer network engineers and even computer hardware engineers.
10) This placement is also seen when someone tries to resolve the chaos or mess that is happening in the workplace and this is more so possible if the 7th lord Mercury is placed in the 8th house and the 8th lord Venus is placed in the sign of Sagittarius in the 10th house. The 10th house represents the workplace and the 8th house is the house of chaos or turbulence. When you write or communicate about workplace chaos then also this placement can be seen. This placement is also good for resolving disputes in the workplace or even the parliament or in a law court (as a judge) as the dispute is also nothing but chaos.
11) There are also many people who are talking about racial discrimination, inequality, injustice, etc and they are trying to bring transformation in the system or society to avoid such things and these kinds of people may also have this placement. The 8th house is the major house of transformation. Social activists and people working in some government departments (such as politicians) could be good examples of that.
Political science teachers may also have this placement. Libra is a sign of equality, justice, non-violence, and non-discrimination and Mercury is placed in the sign of Libra. This placement is also good for writing on political science especially if the 8th lord Venus is placed in the sign of Capricorn in the 11th house.
12) Many people are talking about bringing peace and harmony (Libra is a sign of peace and harmony) in the world through meditation and yoga and other spiritual activities and such people may also have this placement of > Mercury in the sign of Libra in the 8th house and 8th lord Venus being placed in the sign of Pisces in the 1st house. Pisces is a sign of spirituality and healing such as yoga, meditation, health care, etc. So, people like spiritual healers may also have this placement such as acupuncture, Ayurveda, reiki healing, chakra healing, massage therapy, occult science, spirit possession, ghost possession, etc. People who are writing about all these things may also have this placement.
13) If Mercury is placed in the sign of Libra in the 8th house but if the 8th lord Venus is placed in the sign of Capricorn in the 11th house this placement is also good for machine designing (engineering) as Capricorn is a sign of automation and so represents the machines and Venus is a planet of designing.
14) If Mercury is placed in the sign of Libra in the 8th house but if the 8th lord Venus is placed in the sign of Cancer in the 5th house this placement is good for painting and home designing (interior designing).
15) The 7th house is not just the house of relationships or contracts but it is also the house of designing and it could be any kind of design whether digital or even it could be real designing on canvas or chart paper. When the sign of Virgo falls on the 7th house it means doing some difficult and practical work of designing something but this is more so when the 7th lord Mercury is placed in the sign of Libra in the 8th house, just like the 7th house, the sign of Libra is also the sign of designing. For example, people like architects may also have this placement especially if the 8th lord Venus is placed in the sign of Gemini in the 4th house which is the major house of real estate & construction.
The 7th lord in 8th house - general article
You may also be interested in
Pisces sign in Vedic Astrology - The real secrets of this sign
What if Venus is in Gemini in 4th house for Pisces Ascendant?
Pisces sign on the 2nd house. What does it mean?
Sign of Pisces makes you independent and Libra makes you dependent
What is the difference between Virgo and Pisces sign?
Why Pisces sign falls on the 6th house for Libra Ascendant?
Why Leo sign falls on 6th house for Pisces Natives?
What if Aries sign falls on the 2nd house for Pisces Ascendant?
Why Pisces and Leo most compatible when it comes to relationships and marriage?
Written by: Rajesh Bihani who is the webmaster of this website. Know more about Rajesh Bihani).
If you need free consultation contact me through this site. If you want to learn advanced astrology then you can do that by going through videos on my youtube channel. I have explained through various example charts how to use the advanced astrological tools for accurate predictions.
If you are a regular reader of this site plz donate something here.